April 04, 2017

My Favorite Things April Release Countdown | Day 1

Hello and welcome to day 1 of the My Favorite Things April 2017 release countdown. For the next five days we're counting down to the release of the newest products from MFT! I'm so excited to share all of the new products with you! ;)

For my card today I used the new Tweet Wishes stamp set to create a fun scene on my card.


I used a Copic multiliner pen and drew two lines across a white cardstock panel for my owls to sit on. I then stamped the owls, one sitting on the top wire and one hanging upside from the bottom wire. I'm pretty sure that owls don't hang upside down, but on this card they do lol!! ;)


I coloured in the owls with Copic markers and then I added some cloud detail with a cloud edge cut form masking paper. I added soft blue ink with an ink blending tool on the entire panel making sure not to add colour over the owls.

I finished the card with some clouds from the new Spring Scene Builder Die-namics and some clear sequins.

Thanks so much for joining me for Day 1 of the release countdown. Make sure to head over to the MFT blog for more projects from the design team using the upcoming release.

The new release will officially be available tonight at 9pm EST in the MFT online store! See you tonight for the release!

Supplies

9 comments:

Colleen said...

Adorable, love him hanging upside down!

Teresa Doyle said...

Haha, oh Stephanie, THIS is just too sweet! What a fabulous idea.
There is SO much talent here on this blog! I ♥ it!

Dee said...

Awesome, inspired card that made me laugh! The cloud background ideally sets of the colored owls and the show off the message!

Unknown said...

LOVE the upside-down owl as a play on the sentiment. Very clever!

Unknown said...

Soo sweet. amazing concept. That owl upside down, wonderful.

jan metcalf said...

Fun!

Laurie said...

I am smiling so big right now! I love it - thanks for using fun colors because sometimes i feel like i'm breaking the rules and I'm such a rule follower!!

Susi said...

Unexpected design - but totally awesome!

Lisa Lara said...

This card is genius Stephanie!