April 29, 2017

My Favorite Things May Release Countdown | Day 4

Hello and welcome to day 4 of the My Favorite Things May release countdown! Over the next five days we'll be sharing peeks at all of the new products with various cards and projects using the new stamps and Die-namics and my new favourite stencil! ;)

For my card today I used the new Mermazing stamp set (and coordinating dies), the Beach Scene Builder Die-namics and the most awesome Cloud stencil ever, to create a magical scene on my card.


I first stamped the mermaid image onto white cardstock, coloured her in with Copic markers and then diecut her with the coordinating dies. To create the beach scene, I diecut the sand, water and islands (from the new Beach Scene Builder Die-namics) from white cardstock and then I inked them up with brown and aqua distress ink. I added water to the inking to create the look of texture on both pieces.

To create the amazing sky in the background I used the new Cloud stencil with an ink blending tool and applied the ink along the edges of the stencil to create a sky full of big fluffy clouds. I also added some diecut ones to the scene as well.




I finished the card by stamping the sentiment onto a white cardstock banner and then I adhered it to the sky area between the diecut clouds. I also added some clear sequins scattered around the card front.

Make sure to head over to the MFT blog today (and all week) to see all of the new products and more samples using them from the design team. All of the new products will officially be available in the MFT online store on Tuesday May 2nd at 9pm EST! 

See you tomorrow for more countdown fun!!

Supplies

11 comments:

Nandini said...

Very pretty and sweet.

Lisa Lara said...

I just love how you created your sand and water backgrounds Stephanie.

Dee said...

Gorgeous coloring of the sand, ocean, and sky that create a perfect setting for a beautiful mermaid to sun herself!

Nora Noll said...

Your coloring is so pretty!! Stunning card!

Sue Rosa said...

So nice, makes me want to share the sand with her.

Elaine said...

Nice distress look for the sand and water...darling card!

Unknown said...

Lovely card. You created such a nice scene. The coloring is really great.

Helen said...

Sweet card. So well created. Thanks for sharing.

Katia said...

this scene is so beautiful!!!!

Anonymous said...

Love it,makes you want to lay on the beach.

Purple Princess said...

Such a great scene!