April 30, 2017

My Favorite Things May Release Countdown | Day 3

Hello and welcome to day 3 of the My Favorite Things May release countdown! Over the next five days we'll be sharing peeks at all of the new products with various cards and projects using the new stamps and Die-namics and my new favourite stencil! ;)

For my card today I used the new Seaside Seagulls stamp set to create a little water scene on my card with them as the focal point.


To create the background, I added Peacock Feathers Distress ink to a white cardstock panel with an ink blending tool and then I added a bit of water to life off some of the ink and give it a distressed look.

I used the little wave dies in the Seaside Seagulls die set to cut three little wave openings in the background panel for my birds to tuck into. For the area with the rock, which was a little too wide for any of the openings, I diecut two of the openings side by side to make it longer. I then ran the entire panel through my diecutting machine with the largest Stitched Wonky Rectangle die.



I love that with the little waves diecut into the background, you can tuck the seagulls in so they look like they are actually floating in the water. I added the three seagulls (with the rock from the new Mermazing stamp set) and then I adhered the finished panel to a Grout Gray card base.

Make sure to head over to the MFT blog today (and all week) to see all of the new products and more samples using them from the design team. All of the new products will officially be available in the MFT online store on Tuesday May 2nd at 9pm EST! 

See you tomorrow for more countdown fun!!

Supplies

12 comments:

Lisa Lara said...

Genius Stephanie!

Tracy Hawkins said...

Wonderful card ! This set looks great fun x

Dee said...

Simply gorgeous ocean with scallop wave that show off the gull friends!

Jackie said...

That is adorable! I love the seagulls sitting in the waves, very clever.

Helen said...

This is so cute. Love the way you tucked the images into the water. Great idea. Thanks for sharing.

Nora Noll said...

What a fun card. I love the seagulls in the waves.

Unknown said...

Great idea. Love seeing some of the seagulls in the waves. Lovely card.

Linda Anderson said...

Very good way to include depth around the gulls by tucking them into the waves. Thanks for sharing!

Elaine said...

Love your neat card!

Purple Princess said...

Amazing background!

Billie A said...

Yup... I NEED these sea gulls.. I am loving them more as I see them used more.. Awesome card and awesome release. I love your card.

Katia said...

beuatiful card!