August 22, 2017

My Favorite Things August Card Kit Release

Hello and welcome back! Tonight I have another card to share using both the new X's and O's card kit and the Witch Way is the Candy stamp set and coordinating Die-namics. Both of these are now available in the MFT online store! :-)

I thought it would be fun to combine both of the new releases onto one card and create a Halloween themed tic tac toe board.


I first stamped out my witch image with Black Licorice Hybrid ink and then I coloured her in with copic markers. I changed up her colours quite a bit from the one I shared on yesterdays card and decided to make her hair green and her outfit black and orange.


Once I had her coloured and cut out I set her aside and worked on the tic tac toe board for the card. I wanted to have orange x's and o's but I wanted them to be dimensional since I was using the acrylic board and the square shaker pouch. I decided to cut them all out from orange card stock and then I layered them one on top of another 3 times for dimension. I used a liquid glue pen to glue them together.


I combined a sentiment from both of the stamp sets and stamped it under the tic tac toe board in black ink. I adhered the witch, added some clear sequins and adhered the completed panel to a Grout Gray card base.

Make sure to head over to the MFT blog for more ideas using the kit and the Witch Way is the Candy? stamp set. 

Thanks for stopping by today and happy shopping!

34 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your card ideas. Great job!

CreatedbyKay (Kay Norman) said...

Cute combination! I love the inspiration from the DT!

Abby said...

Great card!

Jeanne-Marie said...

I love how you combined the two!! Love this card!

Unknown said...

So cute. Great job combining the two sets.

Tammy H said...

She's a beauty. Love the color scheme.

FeM said...

Your creations are so awesome. I like the orange x's & o's.

Linda Carson said...

Wow! Love your combination of these sets! Really fun in colors, coloring and design!

Kleri said...

The magic of love!lol...super cute!Thank you for sharing :)

Deeps said...

I like how you combined the witch image with the tic tac toe board.

Ashley Wells said...

Fun card! I love your coloring of the cute little witch, her hair is fun :)

Susi said...

The Tic-Tac-Toe grid in the traditional Halloween colours of Black & Orange look fabulous, as is your colouring of the Witch image!

Linda M said...

Super cute and fun card!

DisDesigns said...

Love how you combined these two sets! Thanks for the inspiration!

Purple Princess said...

I love the combo of sets!!

karenb said...

What a fun card! Nice!

Arianna Barbara said...

Wow! Fabulous and fun Halloween card!!! Too cute!!!

Unknown said...

I love the combination! I also love the layout, I never would have done it that way but it definitely works!

Vicki said...

Great attention to detail on the envelope. So special. Thanks!

Marilyn said...

Fun card combination. Love the sentiment on the color coordinated envelope.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Oh w! Very sweet design with great coloring skill!

Judie said...

Gorgeous colouring!

akasals said...

Great coloring and combination of both MFT kits.

C Aguirre said...

Great card! Love how you combined the witch stamp set with the tic tac toe card kit! I'm in love!!!!!!

stampfoldandrepeat (Jeanie) said...

What an adorable little witch. That green hair is quite amazing! This is such a cute card.

Sue D said...

I like how you combined these to make a Halloween card.

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

Adorable card !

Leanne said...

So cute!

Sharon Meyer said...

makes me think of that song by Elle King

Ex's and the oh, oh, oh's they haunt me.. love this!!

Dee Earnshaw said...

fun card. Thanks for the ideas:)

Mary Holshouser said...

Darling card.
And the coordinating envelope -
fantastic idea.
thanks for sharing.

Angela Walters said...

I saw this card on pinterest before I was able to do the blog hop. It caught my eye right away! I love the combination of the two sets to create a fun Halloween card. Great job stamping on the envelope, too!

Denise Bryant said...

Love that you combined the kit with that adorable witch... fun card! Awesome coloring too!

Nikki said...

Wonderful card. Your coloring is great.