December 12, 2017

My Favorite Things December Release Replay

Hello and welcome to the My Favorite Things Release Replay for the December release. The team is back today with more projects using the newest products, and I have two cards to share - same design with the colours changed up a bit. :)


I found these bee themed lip balms a while ago and had them put away to make a lip balm project. I had actually intended to cover up or remove the label on these until I saw all of the great products in the December release - I knew I had to create some bee-themed gifts using the new products and the lip balms, just as is! 

I heat embossed the Honeycomb background onto my watercolor paper first, and then I added colour to some on the hexagons with my Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers. I created a card similar to this for the release, but it was a shaker card rather than a lip balm project.


For the aqua lip balm I used a Summer Splash and Black Licorice colour scheme, and for the beige one, I used In The Buff and Black Licorice. I used the same sentiment on both of the cards from the Sending Smooches stamp set - I thought the 'Thanks for Sticking By Me' was a fun play on the bees and honey.

Make sure to head over to the MFT blog to see what the rest of the team created with the December release products. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies

No comments: