December 03, 2017

My Favorite Things December Release Countdown | Day 3

Hello and welcome to day 3 of the My Favorite Things December Release Countdown. For the next five days, we'll be sharing cards and projects featuring all of the new products coming out on December 5th at 9pm EST.

For my card today I decided to use a bunch of the new products to create a fun birthay card featuring bees! :)


I stamped the Honeycomb background onto watercolour paper and then I heat embossed it with white embossing powder. I then added colour to it by using my Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers and adding colour to random hexagons to create a colourful pattern in the background.

I then diecut the hexagon shape from the bottom area of the panel where I had added a lot of colour and created a shaker element with the new Hexagon shaker pouches. 


I added some stamped bees into the shaker from the Meant to Bee stamp set, and I also stamped some additional ones for the main panel. I added a sentiment stamped from the same Meant to Bee stamp set to a black card stock strip and added it to the card front.

Thanks so much for joining me for Day 3 of the December release countdown. Make sure to head over to the MFT blog for a closer look at the new products and more ideas using them. See you tomorrow for more countdown fun!!

Supplies

6 comments:

Jeanetta said...

I adore shaker cards, and this one is just amazing! I love there are bees inside with the other shaker elements.

Lagene said...

Love your card! That's how a real honeycomb looks, they aren't all full of honey.

cdoggett01@yahoo.com said...

So cute, and fun! Love this!!!

Purple Princess said...

Such a cute card!!

Joan said...

So cute and the shaker is clever and unique.

Kleri said...

Very cute shaker card!tfs