January 06, 2018

My Favorite Things January Release Countdown | Day 4

Hello and welcome to day 4 of the My Favorite Things January Release Countdown. For the next five days, we'll be sharing cards and projects featuring all of the new products coming out on January 9th at 9pm EST.

For my card today I created an almost one-layer card using the new Viking stamp set from Birdie Brown, and I used a LOT of ink and red on this guy LOL! :)


I stamped him first with Extreme Black Hybrid ink onto my white card stock panel, and then I coloured him in with my Copic markers. I used pretty much all pinks and reds to really give him a Valentine's feel. I created a mask of the Viking image and placed it over my coloured image so I could add the bricks in the background with Pumice Stone distress ink and the Small Brick Wall Stencil.


I created the sidewalk at the bottom with distress ink and Copic markers, and I stamped the sentiment directly on the brick background. I finished the card by adding some hearts die cut from the Tag Builder Blueprints 6 Die-namics, and I added Nuvo Crystal Glaze to the hearts and some of the Viking for shine and dimension.

Thanks so much for joining me for Day 4 of the January release countdown. Make sure to head over to the MFT blog for a closer look at the new products and more ideas using them. See you tomorrow for more countdown fun!!

Supplies

11 comments:

Barb Ghig said...

Such a striking card, Stephanie! Beautiful coloring on your Viking and I love how you created the sidewalk...very cool effect!

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

That’s a wonderful card ! Your coloring is awesome !
[margessw(at)icloud(dot)com]

Susi said...

Beautiful card - great Valentine's colours for a special guy!

Debbie Nelson said...

Awesome coloring and card!

Lagene said...

Awesome new stamp and die sets! I love your coloring, makes you just want to pinch him!

Laurie said...

Favorite card of today! I've been looking at the brick stencil for a long time, but keep talking myself out it. However, it's back on the wish list thanks to your great sample. Love the sidewalk and the colors and everything about your card.

Heather M said...

Fabulous card! Your coloring is great! I love the brick stencil in the background!

[hmnelson15{at}frontier{dot}com]

very_inky_fingers said...

Awesome card!

Purple Princess said...

Such an awesome card!

berokke said...

Well this is just a nice, unexpected coloring of a Viking. I love it. I might have to steal this idea for a card for my Norwegian husband!

Kleri said...

Adorable card!Awesome for v-day! :)