February 02, 2018

My Favorite Things February Release Countdown | Day 5

Hello and welcome to day 5 of the My Favorite Things February Release Countdown. For the next five days, we'll be sharing cards and projects featuring all of the new products coming out on February 6th at 9pm EST.

I have two cards to share today using the new products. For my card today I used the new Wish Die-namics to create a stacked, dimensional sentiment with an embossed, rainbow inked background.


This card is also part of the new release class for February. Every month we offer five different card ideas with downloadable instructions, and a video and this will be one of them. :)


Stay tuned for this class to go live next week (we're changing it up and releasing them one each day thoughout the week after the release rather than all at once, to give you time to enjoy each one!) I can't wait to share how I created it - I love the rainbow stripe across the card front! :)

For my second card I used the awesome new Gift Card Window & Frame Die-namics along with the Gift Card Greetings stamp set to create a very gold and sparkly card design LOL!


I used one of my white Starbucks gift cards so it would blend in with the design and I created a gold sparkly coffee cup to adhere over top. I added a sentiment strip with a strip of vellum underneath, stamped with a greeting from the Guft Card Greetings stamp set. 


To make the card even more glittery Ia dded a bunch of gold and silver sequins into the gift card pouch before I added the gift card and then I adhered it closed so everything would stay inside. I stamped the background with the Distressed Patterns stamp set so it would look like coffee splatter and adhered the whole panel to a Kraft card base.

Thanks so much for joining me for Day 5 of the February release countdown. Make sure to head over to the MFT blog for a closer look at the new products and more ideas using them.

See you tomorrow for more countdown fun!!

Supplies

10 comments:

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

This is so super cute

Andrea Hastilow said...

Loving the musical rainbow wishes, how cheerful is that. I wish we had a Starbucks over here, guess mine will have to be Costa.

Heidi Rees said...

I absolutely love the new release! So many great products!!!

Purple Princess said...

Wow! I LOVE that background stamp!!!

Dee said...

The musical notes on a rainbow create a fabolus setting for a Birthday card!

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

Both of your cards are really awesome, very festive with two different styles. Thanks for sharing !
[margessw(at)icloud(dot)com]

Karen Weingartner said...

Love that background on the music card. I NEED the gift card die!

Amante del Papel said...

both cards are so pretty, but your second card is super elegant, i love it!

Kleri said...

Beautiful rainbow wishes!Love what you did with the sentiment!tfs

Lagene said...

Awesome cards! Love the rainbow WISH especially!