March 15, 2018

The Birthday Project - Groovy Gift Cards

Hello and welcome back! Every month on the MFT Challenge blog, we have a new birthday themed challenge to help fill up our birthday card stash and this month is all about gift cards!

I love giving gift cards but I always like to dress them up somehow to make them a little more personalized and special for the recipient. The Gift Card Window & Frame Die-namics and the Gift Card Pouches make it so easy to create a card with a bit of extra personality.

 I used a Starbucks gift card in my design but instead of coffee themed I decided to make it all about the tea lovers out there. ;) I added a tea cup that I die cut from the Tea Party Die-namics and I added a tea bag tag with twine to add some realism to the design.

I also die cut the spoon from Brushed Silver card stock and added it inside the teacup for a fun look. 


To create the background, I repeatedly stamped the Long Time No Tea sentiment onto a cream card base with Grout Gray ink and then I stamped the main sentiment onto the tag with black ink. I added a scallop edge along the bottom and also included a strip on black and white striped paper onto the card bottom and the tea bag tag.

I completed the card with some PPP jewels and a heart on the teacup cut from Silver Sparkle card stock. I love that I only added colour to the teacup to really keep the overall look subtle with a single pop of colour. 

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I look forward to seeing ehat you all create for this month's challenge. :)

Supplies

2 comments:

stevenjared0853 said...

That’s a pretty cool design! I also make handmade cards and recently I have made some invites for my sister’s bridal shower. We are celebrating it in one of the event locations nearby and I am also planning to add some fun games for that. I have mentioned some gift ideas on the invite as well. Just for the help!

Purple Princess said...

I love this design!!