February 06, 2018

My Favorite Things February Release Countdown - Day 1

Hello and welcome to day 1 of the My Favorite Things February Release Countdown. For the next five days, we'll be sharing cards and projects featuring all of the new products coming out on February 6th at 9pm EST.

For my card today I used the new Collage Cover-Up to create my background and then I added images from the Party Animals stamp set and sentiment using the new Hooray die.


I added ink to each of the interior pieces of the collage, and then I adhered them back into their openings on a white card base. I did the same ombre inking to the sentiment with red ink, and then I stacked it onto two more words that I had die cut to give it dimension.

I stamped, coloured and die cut images from the Party Animals stamp set, and I adhered them onto the card above and below the sentiment. I used thin foam adhesive behind the cow and chicken and added the pig directly onto the card.

I finished my card with some clear sequins with Stardust Stickles in the center and added some white gel pen detail to the balloons and animals faces.

Thanks so much for joining me for Day 1 of the February release countdown. Make sure to head over to the MFT blog for a closer look at the new products and more ideas using them.

See you tonight for the release!!

Supplies

6 comments:

Dee said...

Terrific use of the sweet farm animals set off by the colors used with the terrific collage cover up!

Andre M. said...

Fun card with a fab colour palette. Loving that rooster.

Purple Princess said...

So pretty!!

Sue Rosa said...

Love the little chick. Cute card.

Susi said...

Super fun card - love how you sponged the geometric BG shapes, which make the perfect backdrop for your card!

Billie A said...

Cute and fun. Love the dies and stamps.. Thanks for showing them.